What is Gutenberg?
Gutenberg is a new editor for WordPress. The goal of the Gutenberg is showing content as blocks, and defining post designs directly in the editor. learn gutenberg WordPress With this editor you no longer need to know CSS and HTML.
Website developers can now use blocks to create content based on their requirements. These blocks are simple frag and drop, which can be placed within the editor to customize content. Users can also work with different HTML tags for creating sections in their content.
Its new interface and block-based features make it unique in the world of website creation.Gutenberg WordPress editor is easy to use even for the WordPress beginners.
Let’s see some of the benefits of Gutenberg.
- Gutenberg has a drag and drop visual editor with blocks for creating the blog post. Thus, you do not need to rely on any other plugin or toolbar to include the shortcodes.
- The WordPress Gutenberg editor, blogs are fully responsive and thus you will get the mobile friendly elements that the Google and other search engines love.
- In this new WordPress editor, one will also get more writing space and it is appropriate and beneficial for the person who writes or edits the content from small screen devices.
- One will feel great with the clean and inbuilt interface and yes, to keep your profitability level high, the screen is approximately distraction free.
- On the off chance that you like the style editing of Medium which is a simple method to build the content, at that point you will enjoy the qualities of the WordPress Gutenberg editor.
- The best Part about it is that on the off chance that you do not want to utilize it, you can disable it simply and utilize Classic Editor or other page builders.
- It additionally did not damage your Landing Pages or customization which you have made utilizing third-party toolbars.
Before updating your WordPress to Gutenberg consider the given points below
Ensure PHP is updated to latest version:
PHP is the scripting language that powers WordPress and every one of the plugins and templates related to WordPress. Utilizing an outdated version may cause clashes that outcomes in a baggy experience.
Most plugins, templates and WordPress itself will keep running with at least PHP 5.6 as they are backward compatible. But you cannot depend on software to be in backward compatibility.
The best method is to utilize the version of PHP that a software is intended to run best with. That way you can remove out a random bug related with utilizing an old version of PHP. Updating to the latest version of PHP will speed up your website.
Update all the plugins to the latest version:
It is always a good practice of updating plugins. It is more important now as many WordPress authors are releasing the new version that will be compatible with the new WordPress version. Updating your plugin first provides for a more bug free update to the WordPress.
One can utilize Gutenberg, or the classic WordPress editor:
If you are comfortable and like the way the WordPress editor works, then select the classic editor. But if you want to try new and simpler Gutenberg editor then choose that.
One can also always return back to the WordPress classic editor if you do not like the Gutenberg editor or if there are some random bugs.
Make sure to make a backup of your WordPress website:
Creating a backup of your WordPress website is always a great idea. Instead, one should by now be doing this. But if you are not, then you should consider a backup of your before updating it to WordPress 5.1.1.
Choose Whether to Stage the Site:
Staging a site implies making a duplicate of your website and creating the changes on the first copy. There are plugins to enable you to organize a webpage and there are services that will have your arranged website on their servers, accordingly keeping the changes totally separated from your website. On the other hand, you can organize the site on your desktop.
- Stage on a test server-
Organizing a website on someone else server is one of the ideal solutions. All the changes made on your WordPress website’s copy will not slow down your site.
Your staged website is hidden and no search engine will ever find or see it. All the changes can be done with the guarantee that they will not affect your real site.
- You can stage a website on your desktop-
Many experts represent a local staging environment called Laragon. It is completely recommended by experts and also the best thing is that it is free.
This probably won't be considered as a bug, since emptying your cache and minifying every one of your scripts is suggested each time a theme, plugin or WordPress itself is updated.
Try not to be afraid and be prepared:
Updating to the latest version of WordPress 5.1.1 might be frightening. There are valid justifications to be attentive about updating WordPress. This is a key choice to make.
Accordingly, it is useful to approach the update with a mindful plan. Being prepared with the information of normal bugs, like caching plugin issues and how to fall back to the classic editorial manager can help smooth your way.
So instead of being afraid, bring matters into your very own hands and approach the project with planning so as to guarantee the most ideal result.