Marketing centred on particular holidays is referred to as seasonal marketing. There is increased enthusiasm when cultural and well-known business occasions, such as Christmas or Black Friday, approach, providing the ideal support for marketing initiatives.
Seasonality can be used to make plans for future SEO projects and choose which ones will affect the company the most at a particular period. Understanding the peak times of the day when users are most likely to look for goods or services might help predict how the website will perform in the future.
Regularly, Black Friday and Cyber Monday change the fortune of struggling enterprises from tenuous to firmly lucrative. People tend to want to spend more money around the holidays.
To have the funds for the things they want, millions of people will increase their savings each year. Large brands plan their holiday season promos for months in order to optimise their sales.
What is seasonal content:
A piece of content is seasonal if it is inspired by a forthcoming holiday, season, or significant occasion. Seasonal content concentrates on themes, fashions, and events that occur at particular times of the year. This type of content should reflect the brand's lifestyle, the sector we work in, and the seasonal marketing.
There are three ways that content and SEO can aid marketing and promotion efforts for the holidays:
Identify New Seasonal Landing Pages to Put Together and Promote
- Similar to a standard landing page, a seasonal landing page is tailored specifically for the holiday seasons. The landing page's theme changes, whether it's for Christmas or Valentine's Day, but its core goal never changes.
- SE By letting you filter out phrases that cannot compete with the chosen specialty and concentrate on it, the ranking keyword recommendation tool enables you to explore those new purchasing selections.
- It's a good idea to create seasonal landing pages because it gives you extra content to share on social media. These might be groups of goods that cater to a certain holiday shopping pattern, and they might all be linked off from the main section on Christmas present suggestions.
The holiday season, when everyone is busy purchasing presents for friends, family members, and obviously themselves, is when new, unexpected shopping trends tend to arise. They don't purchase to fill a need, but rather to stand out and give the best present instead.
When you've found the search terms with the most promise, make additional landing pages for related products and connect to them from other parts of the website. Due to the fact that all types of businesses now participate in Christmas sales, both service- and product-based firms can adopt this strategy.
To ensure that the primary site stays focused, it might be a good idea to create a separate mini site, depending on the nature of the business. When the holiday promotions and lists don't fit well with the current brand and product positioning, this concept makes sense.
We even tiny enterprises can now afford to start a new project, provided they have a new domain. On the present server, we can host it and utilise free WordPress and themes.
Create Seasonal Content to Target Semi-Transactional & Informational Queries
Many of the search terms you'll run into will only be informational. Before the holiday season, a variety of DIY decorations, costumes, packaging, etc. are being investigated.
- A searcher who has an informational search intent is not interested in making a purchase and is looking for tutorials, how-to videos, and solutions to their inquiries.
Transactional queries are those that clearly express an intent to buy or are related to a future purchase. In this case, users are trying to find a (digital) product to download for free or to buy. Additionally, they will choose this item using a search engine and go to the appropriate website to make their purchase.
- Semi-transactional Intention Although it was initially intended to be a research activity rather than a buying process, search intent describes a searching trip that can actually end in a purchase.
For a number of reasons, certain keyword categories can help increase Christmas sales:
- The increased audience and data from the traffic will allow you to re-engage those individuals with tools like retargeting advertisements, which target previous site visitors.
- Brand awareness is increased by the content, particularly if it draws in bloggers and journalists who can link to the website.
Identify The Best Timing
- Seasonal content provides a chance to stand out from the crowd and draw viewers in while guiding them through important events and busy shopping seasons. It deserves a place alongside evergreen material in the content marketing plan for best Seasonal Marketing.
- Owning web analytics will provide you with a wealth of information regarding when the previous year's holiday traffic peaked. Another useful tool for determining when to launch seasonal content and its promotion is Google Trends. For instance, based on that tool, it appears that interest in decorations begins to steadily increase around the middle of October.
- Make sure the company's messaging and tone of voice are reflected in all of the seasonal marketing materials. This will contribute to giving the content a consistent appearance and feel that feels natural rather than an artificial attempt to fit in.
Small businesses hoping to capitalise on frantic consumer purchasing decisions over the holiday season face daunting challenges.
When consumers buy as soon as they spot what they need due to urgency and impulse shopping, discoverability becomes the most crucial marketing feature. Thinking about the products they want to feature in the promotion is the first step in Seasonal Marketing.